Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dark and Light

As I submerge in darkness, I fight for the air that holds my down on Earth. I wonder why I continue to fall in the same water others tread. Why was I given a life made for someone so unlike me? The life that causes the pain that burns in my throat now, is the same life that holds my down in the first place. In a sea of confusion I realize whats real: do I sink or swim in this like that is not my own? Do I let myself slowly slip away into the nothingness of the past, or do I find my way back and throw myself into the unknown that is tomorrow? Which to choose? The darkness of yesterday or the growing light of tomorrow, of future, becoming today, becoming the present?
So I have herd, the past is history, the future a mystery, now the present? The present is a gift.
:And so I move forward, as all should, into the great unknown that is light.

No comments: